- Lecture at TedX São Paulo about his latest project, Ubuntu.
- Third place in the Open Competition category of the Syngenta Photography Award. The chosen images, taken in Nairobi, Kenya, are part of his worldwide documentary, Ubuntu, which is still in the making process. Among the entries, André François was the only Brazilian awarded.
- Donation of photos to the image bank of the World Health Organization (WHO) and its publications.
- Honorable mention for photography selected in the National Photography Competition for Safe Maternity Initiative, carried out by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
- Work carried out in Haiti, on a humanitarian mission to earthquake victims, recognized by the Brazilian Medical Association and Associação Paulista de Medicina.
- Images from the photographic documentary on health in Brazil included in the Pirelli-Masp Photography Collection, the largest photography collection in the country. The exhibition opened at the Masp – Art Museum of São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand with an individual room.
- Finalist of the Conrado Wessel Foundation Art Award, in the Published Photo Essay category, with the book Choosing and Living (2009).
- Awarded in the Published Photo Essay category, of the Conrado Wessel Foundation Art Award, with the book The curve and the way (2008).
- Finalist of the Social Entrepreneur Award, an initiative of the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship in partnership with the newspaper Folha de S. Paulo.
- Beginning of the partnership with the World Health Organization (WHO).